Using your SuperGold Card
Information and tips on how to use your card.
On this page:
Card shopping tips
To get the most out of your card:
- Take your card with you everywhere you go.
- Search the online directory for the latest discounts.
- Look for the "SuperGold Cards Welcome" stickers displayed by participating businesses.
- Look for the SuperGold Card logo on advertising from participating businesses.
- Show your card to receive your discount/concession.
- Shop around and compare prices. The SuperGold Card does not guarantee you the best price.
General discount conditions
- Discounts apply to SuperGold Card holders only. Unless otherwise stated they do not apply to family members or friends.
- Unless otherwise stated, the discount/offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Make sure you ask the business offering the discount whether there are any conditions before making a purchase.
- Always ask what the normal quoted price is before asking for the SuperGold Card discount or presenting your card. This will help ensure you receive your full discount.
- Present your SuperGold Card at the time of booking or prior to making your purchase. Some businesses may find it difficult to process a discount once a transaction has been completed.
Conditions for using your card
Your SuperGold Card is a personal card. This means you:
- must present this card to obtain any of its permitted discounts and concessions
- cannot give your card away, lend, assign, or pledge it
- cannot use your card if we have asked you to send it back and/or have sent you a new card.
When using your card to access free off-peak public transport you may be asked for another form of ID.
Note: there is a fine of up to $1,000 for anyone who is found to be illegally using their card.
Ordering a replacement card
If your card is lost or stolen, or if you change your name, you can order a replacement card by sending us an email or calling us on 0800 25 45 65. You should receive a replacement card within three weeks, free of charge.
If you have any problems obtaining discounts from participating businesses please email or call us on 0800 25 45 65.
If you have concerns with the quality of goods or services you have received, you will need to take these up with the retailer or supplier.
If you discover a business offering seniors discounts that are not listed in the online directory, please let us know. Email or call us on 0800 25 45 65. We'll contact the business to invite them to be part of the SuperGold Card programme. It is free for businesses to join.